Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Boos And Yays

Australia grinds to a halt for a horse race later today folks, and so in preparation I ground to a halt work-wise at about 9.00 am. To do anything less would be un-Australian. Mental processes are likewise sluggish, so I'll take the path of least resistance and give you a Yays! and Boos! list for today:
  • Passing a beautiful young man in a gorgeous navy suit on the street this morning (yay!) and spotting that he had tan shoes on (boo!).
  • Walking to work (yay!) and half way it started raining (boo!).
  • Running into a friend during said walk to work and discovering that while on holidays in Thailand her boyfriend (who is my old flatmate) proposed and they are now engaged (yay!).
  • Finally understanding that I am like the last single person in my social network (boo!) - ok that's an exaggeration but sometimes it feels like it.
  • Good coffee (YAY! - never a boo! let's face it).
  • Tonight is a Sydney blogger meet-up, which I can actually go to for a change (yay!). Coopers Arms Hotel at 221 King St, Newtown from about 6-6.30 onwards.

I think the Yays! have it.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay! Hope your horse comes home in a suitably profitable manner.

The Other Andrew said...

Chukkas, although I haven't really bet as such. Our bosses have gone off to the races and are placing a 'partial box' bet (whatever) for us and we each picked a horse. Really the best thing about today is getting off work early! :-)

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

do you mean Karinne and Fitz?

tell tell tell tell!

word ver: hmyou. exactly!

Sunshine said...

Not the Diva again! Boohoo!

The Other Andrew said...

Speedy, yes I do mean them. I hope that isn't letting the cat out of the bag... I'm sure they would tell you as soon as they see you. I just happened to run into Karinne today.

Sunshine, I thought it was kind of cool that Makybe Diva won for the third time in a row, history making and all that. Of course, it meant I didn't win anything... :-)

harry said...

We dressed up at work (The Marly) with frocks, horrid suits, hats and feathers in their hair.
The GM (who is Pete&Ana Ana's sister's partner, Sam) did a double-take because I was looking dapper in my pin-stripe.

We all got a mystery trifecta and one of my horses caught fire and one went the wrong way, so I missed out on approximately twelve billion dollars.
However, My third horse did win the 'jockey who looks most like their mount' competition though, so it wasn't all boo! (as the man says).

The Other Andrew said...

Hah! Shame they didn't have a 'punter who looks most like a jockey' contest... I could totally have taken that one.