Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Better Living Through Technology

I got out of work a couple of hours early yesterday, after the 'horse race that stops the nation' had run it's course. So, I had some time to kill and decided on a little retail therapy.

Spare time + empty stores = someone stop me before I spend my entire paycheque!

A couple of hours later, and a couple of hundred dollars later, I headed home with (as Michael says) something that "frantically pulses in my mouth for two minutes" plus a little something to trim 'the goat' with. (An extra sweetener, after taking the 'allways negotiable pricing' sales pitch to heart, I asked about a better deal for cash at Bing Lee and they lopped a substantial $27 off the $149 asking price for the Braun Sonic Complete 'oral hygiene system'. Cool.)

Hygiene and grooming, or as I like to think of it, an investment in me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only everyone felt the same way you do about hygiene... sigh...

The Other Andrew said...

Ack, halitosis is never sexy. I must admit though it was Mike's description of 'frantically pulses in my mouth for two minutes' that I found oddly appealing, not sure why.

Michael said...

The 'frantic pulsing in my mouth' sends me back, A. Ahhh, dear Stephen. It's almost like I'm tasting you all over again.

It's awesome, though, isn't it? So fresh!

The Other Andrew said...

It makes my lips tingle and go numb. Ah, good times.

As a young'n I had a Stephen in my past too. Neighbour. Big fag now, no surprises there.