Monday, November 27, 2006

Lighting The Tree

On Thursday night I met up with my favourite bunch of photogeeks from the Flickr Sydney PhotoBloggers group. We meet pretty much every Thursday but this time we planned it around the lighting of the big Christmas tree in Martin Place, here in Sydney.

Glisten

It was a fun night, full of the usual laughs, food and drink that these outings entail. We started with a photoshoot around the tree, before heading off for dinner at Wagamama and then returning to see the tree fully lit.

Santa's Biggest Helper

From my point of view these days as an enthusiastic amateur photographer, a lot of the fun of these sorts of events is the crowd. Christmas brings out the kids and big kids.

Roxy

It's always interesting to me to see the variety of shots that we end up with as a group. I mean, sometimes the moment someone photogenic appears, or something interesting or quirky, we have been known to descend upon it as a pack. Despite this we always get a wide variety of takes on the same thing. Points of view. Different technical choices. It's fascinating and I think also educational. It's broadening my eye, which is a good thing.

Peace On Earth

The rest of my photos from the evening are here.

5 comments:

The Other Andrew said...

No love for Santa? FINE. Baby Jesus is crying right now...

Anonymous said...

M'eh... badly Seasonally dressed people I can live without...

But the out of focus shot of the tree is THE BOMB BABY! :)

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks Yani. I took some in-focus ones and it kind of looked cheesy, just like a big dumb tree. Pop it out of focus, get some nice bokeh happening, and pow! Thanks for the feedback.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

mmm teh tree is teh hotness!

The Other Andrew said...

Danke.