Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tales From Exotic Places

I've said it before, and know doubt I'll say it again, but I love blogs from exotic places. Travel blogs, even better.

It had been a while since I last checked out The Department, a wonderfull Sydney photo blog that I only think to check every now and then. (I've fixed that by adding her to my sidebar links.) Kate's recent posts include pictures from her travels in Cairo, and she linked to the blog of her friend and host Jenny Bowker, author of Postcards From Cairo. Jenny is a teacher, quilter and textile artist who makes stunningly beautiful modern quilts. From reading Jenny's blog I noticed that her son Sam was visiting her in Cairo, and in fact is blogging his 6 months of travels around the Eastern Mediterranean in Sam's Grand Tour. I've only just started to read Jenny and Sam's blogs, but already I'm enchanted.

Don't you just love how this Internets thing sometimes leads you in unexpected but wonderfull directions?

3 comments:

yani said...

You sure she's a Sydney blogger... coz whereever she's from, she's in Adelaide as we speak...

The Other Andrew said...

Of course you are right, I noticed as soon as I saw her latest pictures. I think I found her originally through people on the Sydney Photobloggers group on Flickr, which is where I got the impression whe was a Sydneysider. Plenty of photographic talent in my old home town it would seem. :-)

Kt said...

Yup. I'm a Sydney girl through-and-through. I was just in Adelaide for work last week!

(Thanks for the link - glad you like the blog!)