Monday, November 21, 2005

Happy

I don't know if it is coming through in my posting here, but I'm feeling really good at the moment. Healthy. Happy. Content. Optimistic.

Sure, I have the odd bad day here and there, but they're only that, odd. I was thinking about this as I walked into work today. The past month or so I've really noticed a change. I'm never a very down person, but my outlook has become so much sunnier of late. I'm sleeping better. I have more energy. I'm doing more exercise. Libido is through the roof. Enthusiasm is up.

I'm not sure what the cause is. Sure, impending Summer helps. All the vitamins and herbs I'm taking are probably helping too. I wonder some days if maybe I had a bit of a period of depression, which has now lifted. If that's what it was, it was pretty mild. Small 'd' rather than big 'D' maybe. That may not be it, but given my problems with sleep, lack of motivation and lack of energy some months back, it's a possibility.

I had a great weekend. Got myself a haircut, and overcoming my trepidation of looking like 'mutton done up as lamb', decided to get a cut that was a little more stylish and edgy. End result is still short and neat, but flirts with concepts of 'mohawk' and 'mullet' ever so slightly. I went to the bars with some friends, and got a little 'action' (which was thankfully chemical free). Had some chilling out time at home. Bought crisp new high thread count sheets, that are so good they make my toes curl. I went to a wake for a very sweet old dog, that was filled with laughs, the sharing of hot chips and some tidbits of very good news (which I'd love to share, but it's not my good news to tell).

Happy.

[Updated: How could I forget to mention the tv special of Kylie's "Showgirl" concert last night? Filmed live in London, it was a boppy, feel good, homo-erotic walk down memory lane of Kylie through the years. Oh, and bless her but nobody casts hotter male dancers, and makes the most of their 'assets' than our dear sweet Kylie. I know this makes me a cliche, but so be it!]

10 comments:

Michael said...

Now I'm Gleeful by Proxy. Thanks.

I think I get you because I'm slowly starting to get me. Is that strange? I know the 'it all comes back to me' part isn't strange, but you just seem to say what I'm thinking so many times.

The Other Andrew said...

We are definately on the same wavelength. (Probably some sort UHF wavelength that only dogs can hear, but the same nonetheless.) Glad I sent a little joy your way.

Anonymous said...

Just the thought of that Kylie "Showgirl" concert (lodged safely on my hard drive here for instant viewing any time) is enough to make me smile--I'm glad it was just one of many things to make you happy. Now let me at those vitamins and herbs (because we sure aren't getting any impending summer 'round here)!

The Other Andrew said...

Max, if it's any consolation it does ping my conscience a little when I post about how glorious the weather is, or pretty pictures of Summertime flowers. Then I look out the window, and those thoughts fall out of my head. :-)

We only got about 40 minutes of the London concert in the "Showgirl" special last night, plus a snippet of the DVD documentary, but it was spectacular! I've seen her twice in concert, and this London show was a huge leap forward. I think I'll have to buy the DVD when it's released in a few week's time.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

good afternoon TOA! nice to know that Doz and the impending Manly-Thighs Vs Speedboat Jr make the list of happy things :)

I managed to catch a small amount of Kylie last night, but mostly only in the pauses between Mr M-T's diatribe of how shallow Kylie is... but he's better than he used to be about such things, apparently. my view is that of *course* Kylie is shallow, but that doesn't mean she isn't fun. I lost count of how many Kylie shows I went to at the Albury on a sunday night. man, they were so much jolly hijinksy fun.

I've only seen her when she dropped in on a Nick Cave performance, it was when Michael Hutchence's funeral was on so she was in town. they did Wild Rose, of course. she had the vocal range of a small pea, but great presence...

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

gahh, was it Wild or White? mental blank time...

The Other Andrew said...

Wild. Wild Rose.

You mentioned Jr, does that mean I can come out of the closet about the 'good news'?... See how discreet I was?

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

yes, time to pop out of the closet... thank you for your discretion, I always knew it was possible ;) just not always encouraged, we are such a terrible bunch of gossips.

Harry was wondering if it would be a dinghy. I was wondering perhaps a rubber ducky or lifebuoy?

Bodhi said...

The latest news on Kylie (praised be her name) front, is that she is recovering quite well from the treatment for breast cancer, and it looks like her Showgirl Tour will be rescheduled for late 2006 here in Australia.

Considering that The Kid and I have tickets for the 2nd row front and centre seats, there has never been any doubt that we were ever going to refund those babies. Unfortunately I missed the show on Sunday (as I was off running my meditation group), but I can't wait to see the concert live. It will be my 3rd Kylie tour, she is such the ultimate entertainer!

That, of course, and I will be close enough to properly ogle and literally get a scent of the sweat of those hot hot hot dancing boys. Maybe even a wayward sweat particle will fly away from their muscled and tanned bods and even manage to land on moi. Swoon.

... and oh yeah, Andrew, glad your happy sweetie darling sweetie. Yada yada yada blah blah blah :-)

The Other Andrew said...

Just pray it's the same dancers Bodes. My personal favourites, the two tall blondes (one beefier than the other) and the hot sort of Hispanic looking guy with the tatts. Having said that though, they were all gorgeous. I think the DVD's going on my Christmas list.