Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hrumph

I'm up to the eyeballs in work today, and I just found out that my boss and another work mate have conspired to delegate to me the writing of a reference for a staff member who has recently just left (the 20 year old, very handsome, half-Italian uni student who worked for us as a casual - I can't tell you how much he's missed). My boss says it because she's too lazy I'm a 'better writer' than she is. Fine.

Of course I've got no idea what to write, other than "Anthony is smoking hot, and should seriously consider modelling, although he is disappointingly straight". Anthony needs to come and get it later this afternoon, so it has to be done now, now.

Did I mention I also have a heap of other work to do? :-(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've written my own references a time or two, then had my "referee"s sign on the dotted line.

Usually I say something like: A pleasure to work with, sunny, a great sense of humour and is able to tackle anything thrown at her. She is reliable, is able to mix well with new people and is always anxious to take on new responsibilities. She is charming & flirtatious which keeps our spirits up (those of us who know we are stuck in this hellish job and have no hope of escape) and basically dances her way through the day.

So.

Hope this helps.



loulou

The Other Andrew said...

I wish I could add 'flirtatious' to Anthony's reference. This boy is quite beautiful, even if a little on the skinny side. Funny too. If it weren't for the fact that I'm (just barely) old enough to be his father, he would have been prime crush material.

Anonymous said...

Crush away. Keeps the blood pumpin' and it's so very fun.

So, forget the age thing, petal. More years of experience always rules, in my book.

But I have to say, I can't understand how Ant couldn't be flirtatious around you?? You're so charming!

But then, it's like breathing for me.... ::sigh::