Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sad News

A few days ago I posted about the handsome new guy who showed up in our office for an interview, and was subsequently hired. Well, negotiations with his agency and issues to do with his lack of residency status broke down, and so he's gone. Gone!

Bye handsome Mark, we hardly knew you but you sure made a big impression!

We told him that if/when he manages to get his residency situation sorted, we will re-employ him. So that my friends gives me a small glimmer of hope that he'll be back. I've been joking around about how cute he is etc, but really I just feel bad for him that it was such a mess. He fit straight in here and looked like he was going to work out well and this job looked like it might help him stay in the country. Plus my employers offer very good pay and conditions (not least of which is the occasional free chocolate bar), so it was a good situation for him after only arriving in the country 5 months ago.

Oh well, hopefully we'll see him again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor guy! hopefully he gets it sorted out; if not for himself, at least for your sake!

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks sweetie.

I've been making a big joke about having a cute guy in the office, but if it is true that he has a boyfriend here then I can just imagine how excited he must have felt to have a nice work environment that was going to help him get permanent residency as well. Poor pet, I felt very bad for him. Plus, you know, he was sweet and nice to look at!

harry said...

If it all works out... of course his friends from overseas might very well pop out here to, you know, sit on the beach and stuff and I'm sure you could make them feel very welcome.

Bodhi said...

Missed the Mark, indeed.

The Other Andrew said...

I avoid the beach, Harry. One word, "Greenpeace". Those bastard do-gooders are always trying to roll me back into the water...