Friday, January 11, 2008

Signed Angry, Of Mayfair

Since the moment I set foot in the office this morning it has been one farging motherfunking icehole thing after another. You know? Demands, deadlines, niggles.



It's been damaging my calm, quite frankly. Left me feeling like everyone needs to just get out of my face for a wee while. Do not make me add up your figures for you! Desist asking me if I have been to the bank yet, for the third time! Reconsider your choice of calling me 10 minutes before the report deadline to remind me, again! (For I am brimming over with awareness of that fact.)

Despite the illustration, I'm not a man of violence. Not one to put up the dukes, or even sissy slap and run. Oh, but at moments like this... fear the tongue. If everything goes quiet, and a sort of preternatural calm descends, then run.

And don't stop running.

11 comments:

Ur-spo said...

and what is 'farging'?

The Other Andrew said...

When we were kids we weren't allowed to swear, so we used to see how far we could push it by ALMOST swearing... calling each other "farging iceholes!" etc.

Fran Carleton said...

that's fecking genius!

The Other Andrew said...

Jodie, I didn't know you were Irish?... :)

mrpeenee said...

you go get 'em girl. Fricking christians.

The Other Andrew said...

It's like the coliseum in here. Throw me another!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

motherfunking icehole

I love it! ;-)

almost as much as I love Angry of Mayfair...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXsWCsCZf4


< bangs camera >

Anonymous said...

only on my fathers side...

Anonymous said...

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie did a great sketch along these lines many moons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58k7jqrU9fU

Pimhole!

mr.kenneth said...

oh dear ... back to work for me tomorrow after three weeks and reading this post has made me just a little nervous for I fear some heel snapping in store for moi also

word to self: wear sensible shoes and remember to take a deep breath as I sashay into deskland

The Other Andrew said...

wear sensible shoes and remember to take a deep breath as I sashay into deskland

Wise advice, but then Fredrick's hooker shoes can be deemed 'sensible' in the right circumstances, non?