Friday, January 11, 2008

Dress Up To Mess Up

Really, who hasn't had a moment like this? Or two...



"My Mother's Clothes (The Drag Rag)"
Romanovsky & Phillips

I remember dressing up in my mother's clothes
She had hordes of high-heeled shoes
And plenty of pairs of pantyhose
She had wigs to make me look a thousand different ways
And blouses made of silk and lace and evening gowns for days

My mother's clothes, my mother's clothes
All my dreams came true in my mother's clothes

I remember dressing up in my mother's clothes
In the woods behind my house we'd have our fashion shows
Secretly we'd gather all the old things she'd dispatch
And soon we'd have a wardrobe with accessories to match

My mother's clothes, my mother's clothes
All my dreams came true in my mother's clothes

We could be a princess from a fairy tale
Or Florence Nightingale
Curing all disease in our mother's clothes

We could be Miss Lois Lane (Oh, Superman!)
Or even Tarzan's Jane
Swinging through the trees in our mother's clothes

We could be a beauty queen (There she is!)
Or Mary Magdalene
Sinners we'd forsake in our mother's clothes
(I don't know how to love him!)

We could be Petula Clark (Downtown!)
Or even Joan of Arc
Burning at the stake in our mother's clothes

Until we learned it's not okay
For a boy to dress that way
Not allowed to fantasize
We become desensitized
To all our waking dreams
And the endless possibilities
Of roles that we can play

Now some of us still dress up in our mothers' clothes
And some of us just like to watch and some look down their nose
But we've all got an image that we want to convey
And drag is something each of us does every single day...

4 comments:

Michael said...

OK, maybe once. I would have looked silly in just the wig.

jason said...

This is exactly the prescription needed for a shitty day like you descibed below, I think.

Anonymous said...

I tried my mother's stilettos once, they were impossible to walk in. I don't know how people manage it.

spyder said...

Serving Suggestion for Monday's blog entry

Gwan, ya know ya wanna.

1. Is there anyone on your friends list you would ever consider having sex with?

2. Sex in the morning, afternoon or night?

3. On which side of the bed do you sleep?


4. Pork, beef, or chicken?


5. Ever have to pull over on side of road to puke?


6. Have you ever taken your clothes off for money?

7. Shower or bath?

8. Do you pee in the shower?


9. Mexican or Chinese?


10. Do you want someone aggressive or passive in bed?


11. Do you love someone on your friend's list?

12. Do you know all the people on your friends list?


13. Love or money?


14. Credit cards or cash?


15. Has there ever been anyone in your family you wish wasn't?


16. Would you rather go camping or to a 5-star hotel?


17. What is the weirdest place you have had sex?

18. Would you shave your entire body (including your head) for money?


19. Have you ever been to a strip club?


20. Ever been to a bar?


21. Ever been kicked out of a bar or a club?


22. Ever been so drunk you had to be carried out of somewhere?


23. Kissed someone of the same sex?

24. Favorite drink?


25. Had sex in a movie theater?


26. Had sex in a bathroom?


27. Have you ever had sex at work?


28. Have you ever been in an "adult" store?


29. Bought something from an adult store?

30. Have you been caught having sex?

31. Does anyone have naughty pics of you?

32. Have you ever called someone the wrong name during sex?


33. Who do you think has the guts to repost this?