Monday, January 07, 2008

Fresh & Clean

My friend whom I wrote about the other day is also my landlord, and while he's been here we agreed that my little house needs a freshen up. So sometime in the next couple of weeks I will be having the inside and outside of the house complety repainted. Yay!

Oh sure, the process will be a pain in the ass. Remember, I am a man that has 7 bookshelves at last count. Just the thought of emptying and moving all the furniture so that the painters can get at the walls is making my head ache. At least my soon to be ex flatmate should be gone by then, so his room will be easy to do, and I can get the process done before someone new moves in.

[Speaking of which, the delays caused by my flatmate not moving out yet has meant that I need to find someone else to move in. If you're a Sydneysider and you know of someone who might be interested/interesting - hook me up!]

Anyway the end result is the thing, right? Last time, just before I moved in, the kitchen, living room and bathroom were all done but the hall and bedrooms weren't. I picked the colours last time and they worked really well. This time I get to pick the whole house! Woohoo!

You know how I love looking at paint chips, right?

8 comments:

Michael Guy said...

I wanna be a 'Sydneysider!!!'

Perusing paint chips is my second-career. Don't you adore thinking about the possibilities? My next real condo/house is going to be about color. Interesting colors, you know, like "Louis the 14th chateau raisin"...

Ur-spo said...

nothing like a new frock to brighten up the day; and that goes for paint jobs too.

The Other Andrew said...

I'm thinking "Cabana Boy Tan" might be nice for at least part of the house....

Thombeau said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thombeau said...

This is an awesome development. And what a way to start a fabulous new year. Have fun!

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks! Most of the house is polished floor boards, but I think I'm also going to get the bedrooms carpets and living room area rug stem cleaned too. Start the year fresh! I plan on a new sofa soon too, so it'll be nice if the whole place is fresh and clean.

Thombeau, what's your place in Portland going to be like? Do you know yet?

Thombeau said...

Don't know yet, Andrew. Will be staying with a friend at first, but hopefully not for long; I'd like to remain friends!

Cecilia said...

Polished floor boards! I'm so jealous.