Thursday, February 08, 2007

"The Internationally Ignored Song Stylist, Barely Standing Before You"

Tonight I have another date with Mrs Hedwig Robinson, formerly of Communist East Berlin, late of Junction City, USA.

You may recall I saw Hedwig & The Angry Inch on stage last August and it was so good I saw it again just a short while later. iOta is back reprising the same production I saw then, which played an extended season to packed houses. This time around it has been brought back as part of the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras festival. It seems the only change in the production is the actress playing Yitzhak, as the actress from the original production last year is currently committed elsewhere.

Factoid: iOta lives in my neighbourhood, I ran into him in the supermarket the other day. He was shopping just like a regular person!

So excitement. I can't wait! I almost peed a little bit just then, I'm that excited! There'll be pre-theatre cocktails at Longrain with Mikey (the lovely ex), Bec and Steve, before the fagaliciousness of the main event.

5 comments:

Mikey (TLE) said...

Well, here's hoping on the Longrain cocktail front... I'll call you later in the day and assuming it's do-able, will email the gang. I expect Bec will meet us there as she has to come from darkest suburbia and can't escape at 5pm like a certain (mildly) infamous blogger. Don't forget, Natalie and Morgan are coming also.

I too am tres excited. I was listening to the soundtrack this morning as I was getting dressed for work. Alas, I had to put the wig back in the box. I think your header is almost my favourite line. Though I am quite partial to the "slip of a girly boy" line, as well.

The Other Andrew said...

Cool, I remembered that Morgan and Natalie were coming too, but when you mentioned Longrain the other night I didn't think the others could join us until later.

Michael said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you that I almost peed in sympathy.

Jealous.

The Other Andrew said...

...and I'm excited that you're excited!

Unknown said...

Okay, ticket is finally ACTUALLY booked, in spite of the hell that is Ticketek. I'm going in two weeks time. I'm so excited. I'm told there is an Australian Cast recording CD available at the door? I shall have my dollars there all ready and poised.

Can you remember back to what it was like when you hadn't seen this production three times?