Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Saturday Afternoon In Summer

Saturday was a big photo day for me, with an afternoon neighbourhood ramble netting a fun collection of pics (like the hibiscus in the last entry).

Pattern Rectangles

I love patterns, whether it's 70's style brickwork (left) or the shapes and patterns of a discarded stencil that's used to make fake brick patterns on pavement (right).

Burst Psycho Kitty, qu'est que c'est?

A memory of parties passed (left) and Psycho Kitty, qu'est que c'est? (right)

As I headed down King St, I was passing the pub "The Bank Hotel" and chanced upon Stilgherrian and a friend of his settling in for a post-gym cocktail or two. The hotel has just gone through a 5 million dollar refit, and the best spot of all on a Summer's afternoon is at the windows that open wide onto the footpath.

Blue Dress Trio Red Shirt Trio

Layers of reflection in the pub windows.

Stil's friend Keegan had to go after a couple of drinks, but Stil and I settled in to chat and watch the passing parade. About 6 hours later, and a fistful of gin & tonics, we watched the sun set and waited for Stil's partner 'Pong to join us after work.

Sunset On King Street Stil

Reflections of sunset over King St (left) and Stil caught in the light of the sunset (right).

4 Door With Bench Seats

4 doors and bench seats. One of the fun things about Newtown, you never know when an oddity will happen by.

I have to tell you, there are worse places to be. I love my little neighbourhood and my friends.

[Click any of the pics to see a larger version on Flickr.]

No comments: