Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Perfect Antidote

After yesterday and the ego/anger crapfest which it was, I went to teachings at the Buddhist centre and turned that frown upside down. It was the perfect antidote. I sometimes find the idea of going to teachings after a hard day at work a bit of a struggle, especially given the fact that it's two train trips and a 15 minute walk for me to get there from work. On those days it's kind of like going to the gym, once you are there it's great and you receive lots of benefit from it, but sometimes laziness creeps in.

So. I went and the teachings were great, I caught up with my friends from the centre, a new book shipment I'd been waiting for had arrived, and most importantly I had time and space to put the day into perspective, do some meditation and reassemble a better frame of mind. A friend drove me home after class, we had a lovely chat, and I was home in time to catch "Brothers & Sisters" on tv. A good night, capped off by a pretty good night's sleep. Score.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

that sounds a marvelous tonic.

Michael Guy said...

A "good night's sleep" is crucial to my well-being. Which may explain the last 10+year 'crapfest' here.

The Other Andrew said...

I hear you MG, I have nights that are better than others but I'm still waking up many times a night on average.