Thursday, February 15, 2007

Welcome To Medical Central!

Between mid morning and now I've half filled my office waste paper bin with used tissues, and developed a husky rasp that sounds like Brenda Vaccaro's waaaaay butcher brother. To some who know me this may suggest a greasy palmed orgy of self-loving but in truth (especially given that I'm at work at The Big Christian Charity) it actually means head cold. Summer head cold to be precise. Maybe this is why I felt so foul yesterday, with the sinus pain and all, but today it has come on like a steam roller. 11am this morning I felt quite normal, now I'm a mucus machine.

I hate summer colds, they feel so inappropriate you know? Who wants to rug up and act feeble with a mug of hot honey and lemon when it's swimwear weather?

Hey, aren't these medical malady posts fun? As you were... sniff.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah these posts are great Andrew!! So medical, thoughtful and descriptive, why you seem to have s**t coming out both ends hmmm?? You make me feel so much better and that's what it is all about isn't it ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Isn't it strange how quickly we can be hit by our illnesses?

I remember once playing the second piano part in the orchestra for a musical (70, Girls, 70, a Kander and Ebb show). I felt right as rain until the lights went down for Act II. I sneezed once and by the end of the Entr'acte my face, music and keyboard were covered in snot. I felt near unconcious and whenever I had to play, the snot just dripped from me. My keyboard was head-to-head with the MD's and he couldn't believe it.

Ur-spo said...

"nothing more inconvenient than an old queen with a head cold"

Anonymous said...

*Ding!*

Toddy in Victor/Victoria (both the wonderful film and ordinary stage adaption).

Anonymous said...

Andrew can you ask Mikey (the lovely ex) if he may be lovely enough to email me? can you give him my email. Only if he has a spare moment, just some general questions.

Anonymous said...

Dont bother Mikey (lovely ex) and he is lovely i did fleetingly meet him, my request for advice. Forget it its over

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments everyone, sorry to take so long to respond but I stayed in bed or on the couch all of yesterday. Man, I haven't had a cold this foul in YEARS.

Q, I'm not sure what's going on but I just read both you're comments. I'll email you.