Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Precipitation

It feels kind of shameful to admit this, given the drought and all, but I'm with James, this rain is starting to shit me to tears. (Ok, sure, at least it's still warm. There is that.) Except for the weather goddess smiling on us during the Opera on Saturday, it has basically been bucketing down since late last week. Everything feels damp.

Oh, and that smell? It's me. My black trainer style shoes got all wet, and now I'm sitting here and I can smell my own feet. And not in a good way.

Right now it's raining lightly, but the forecast for the rest of the day is for heavy rain. Last night it was torrential. You know the kind that makes you turn up the tv, and then look nervously out the window to make sure that that thunderous noise is actually rain and not like the beating of wings and the rushing of souls as behold The Rapture is come?

Oh, and my kitchen flooded a little. Again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you honey...

rain rain go away and come back another day. (ole english thingie)

The Other Andrew said...

I know, but I feel bad because we NEED the rain. I'm over smelling my own feet though. And having damp feeling sheets. And putting the garbage bins out in the rain. And wondering if the roof will hold...

bernard said...

hey, u can control the sheets....

Actually honey, 2050 does not need further rain. Yes our farmers out 2500 3800 666x (all made up) may, but us inner city dwellers now need it like Autralia needs a rice or cotton industry.

Leave some good flatties and other business attire in the office and wear sandals and robes to work on th train.

Yeah - that works for helping out the guy who is soo not being stalked by you as well....