Friday, March 16, 2007

TGIF

It's weekend plans time, chickens. After a dribble of Autumn weather we're having a wee Indian Summer at the moment. I think the Great Outdoors will be the recurring theme for this weekend.

The 75th birthday of the Sydney Harbour Bridge on Sunday is more than likely going to mean a traffic snarl and public transport meltdown of epic proportions, so my weekend plans will be engineered around avoiding the city completely on Sunday. Saturday I think I might make a beeline for the Sydney Botanic Gardens. The lotus pond is reportedly in full bloom for the first time in a bunch of years, so it might be a perfect photo opportunity.

I was contacted a little while back by one of the owners of a business on the North Shore, whose products I had taken some popular photos of on Flickr. He and his boyfriend invited me to stop by sometime and visit their shop, so I might do that as well on Saturday and set up another perfect photo opportunity. (Sorry to be deliberately obtuse about this, but I'll blog about it if it happens and I also want to get some of their products as a surprise for someone this weekend.)

Tonight and tomorrow night I have birthday drinks for two different friends celebrating their birthdays this weekend. Sunday I might catch up with another friend for some cocktails on the terrace type action, and I have a dinner date set for Sunday night. Colour me social, y'all.

And you?

9 comments:

Michael Guy said...

Sounds like a three-way. I kid!

All good, Andrew. Mingle with your peeps! I am 'bachelor-padding' this weekend! The BF is going to a 'spiritual retreat.' I, too--will be on a spiritual mission: I'm packing my good china and stemware.

Maybe a luncheon at The Ritz Carlton?!? Plans in limbo, just yet.

The Other Andrew said...

Make sure you do something glam and good to you, to offset the china packing! Lunch could work, but maybe just some hot monkey sex with the Cuban parking attendant instead?

Keith said...

My baby sister (who turns 40 this year...yikes!) comes to town mit familie in tow. Love her madly! We'll hang around, play with the kiddies, and have a third birthday party for her wee daughter. Fuzzy family stuff, but I would not be averse to sneaking out for a nightcap, should any other opportunities arise.

The Other Andrew said...

Keith, see parking attendant (above).

Anonymous said...

A three-way. Oh lol. I love the way you say things too Andrew "colour me social". One of my patients got through quite a rough surgery and i was telling him such. He said "more arse than class". I haven't heard that in years. Funny.

My weekend lazy, movies, work Sunday...

The Other Andrew said...

I've used "more arse than class" a number of times! Still cracks me up for some reason. My old boss used to use really old fashioned Aussie expressions like 'flat out like a lizard drinking' for being busy, for example. Used to make me smile. Have a good relaxing weekend Q.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it cracked me up too :)

Thanks, you too!

Bella said...

St. Paddy's Day, my dear! Get blind drunk for no other reason than Irish boys look even cuter when they/ you are drunk! :-)

Ur-spo said...

while autumn comes on there, we are getting our 'spring' with record high temperatures here in phoenix; already up to 30 degrees.
the weekend is for cleaning up the yard some; and planting more pepper seeds.