I won't bore you with specifics, but a large part of my job here at the Big Christian Charity is processing thousands of client invoices and payments. It's complicated, fiddly, brain killing, involves a whole bunch of staff giving me the right billing and right payment information, and involves dealing with clients that are frail and aged and sometimes have a tenuous grip on reality. Anyhoo, I thought I was doing a pretty good job, I mean I'm a really anal Virgo type (shut up), pay lots of attention to accuracy and detail, and I've tried to streamline the systems as best I can.
Well, we just did what basically amounts to an in house audit of the accounts for a 5 month period and my total variance: $67.50. Which we found in about 10 minutes of looking. A small number of adjustments that had been dated incorrectly.
I know this is kind of a boring thing to post, but it's just nice to see the numbers prove that I'm not indeed sucking the big one. The numbers never lie.