Monday, January 22, 2007

Therapeutic

Excuse me if I don't get up honey, I'm pooped.

So, what a weekend! Exhilirating, energizing and very, very physically tiring. I know that sounds a bit contradictory.

After working a full 38 hour week in the office I spent most nights at the Buddhist centre last week getting ready for running the bookshop at an event we organised this weekend. The event was a public talk on the Friday night, and then 2 full days of teachings on Saturday and Sunday with the amazing teacher Ven. Robina Courtin. The topic was "Becoming Your Own Therapist", Buddhist concepts of transforming the mind, dealing with problems and growing love and compassion.

Running the bookshop was the physically tiring part. Everything else about the weekend was very energizing. The teachings were fantastic, the customers at the bookshop friendly and appreciative of what we had on offer, I got to meet Craig of Expatriate Bohemian, I spent some personal time with chatting with Ven Robina both in the bookshop and over lunch, and I met some very nice people. The most amazing thing though was the quality of the teachings. I have heard Ven Robina teach on the topic three times now, and each time it's like a breath of fresh air.

After pack up I was happy to get home and collapse on the couch, have something to eat, watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and then go to bed. Very tired but having had a good weekend.

Of course Monday morning has rolled around way too fast for my liking though...

[Here's some more info about Ven. Robina and the Liberation Prison Project which she began, and is director of.]

No comments: