Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm A MONSTER!!

Gah, apparently if you go ahead and have a couple of stressful weeks, do too much celebrating with the alcohol (actually, for me almost any is "too much"), get sick with a sore throat bug, have poor sleep issues and then get a little sunburnt... well, your skin goes berserk. Or at least, mine does.

And no, I have no idea why I'm telling you this... except, I'm so ugly right now and I need your sympathy.

[BTW - the title of this post is a shout-out to my beloved Arrested Development. Buster, watch out for that loose seal!]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my skin is utter crap. it seems anyone with a hint of allergy is doing it bad and has done for a couple of months. stressing out about it also doesn't help... typical. drink a heap of water, take fish oil supplements, moisturise moisturise moisturise. if it's affecting your body, oats or colloidal oatmeal (ask at the chemist) in the bath is really nice, use it every day.

some people find wheatgrass is good but I didn't.

freakgirl said...

My skin looks crap lately as well.

I agree with worldpeace - moisturize. And if you're feeling truly bad about it, pick yourself up a moisturizer with a little concealer and SPF in it. It does wonders to even out the complexion. I won't tell anybody.

Ur-spo said...

best thing for monsters is pampering.
Get your friends to do nice things for you like bring you cookies and run an errand or two while you get some sleep.

The Other Andrew said...

Speedy and FG, as a gay man I can tell you we just about invented moistutiser. I slather. The problem is my old nemesis Rosacea. Stress, alcohol, sun exposure, heat... they're all triggers.

Ur-spo, I like the way you think. I deserve cookies! (Oh, except - post-Christmas trim down is already overdue)

The Other Andrew said...

Moistutiser? I'm such a monster I can't even spell anymore!!

Mikey (TLE) said...

If it makes you feel any better, Steve was over for dinner last night (no that's not it, I'm getting to it... geez, don't be so impatient) Anyway, he checked out the post with the shots of him and Rex and thought they were great. It also sent him on a trawl through the rest of your flicker photos and he thought they were great, too.