Monday, January 15, 2007

Morning Glory Vine

Morning Glory Vine

I spotted this flower on Saturday morning, and was really taken with the vivid purpley blues and pinks of this Morning Glory Vine against the weathered grey of the timber fence. I wanted to showcase the timber of the fence, and framing the flowers the way I did seemed to create a nice balance between the solidity of the fence and the delicacy of the vine, plus it made the flowers 'pop' more. I'm really pleased with the result.

Terry likes to highlight his favourite photo on Flickr each day, and has set up a group to highlight them. I was really touched that Terry made this his favourite pic for today. Thanks Terry!

[Check out Terry's own Flickr photos here.]

6 comments:

spyder said...

Just beautiful. Fabulous eye for composition , Andrew, as we have come to expect

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks kind lady!

Michael Guy said...

These positively 'glow' with depth and color. I want to lick them! I 'taste' the purple with my eyes!

No, I am not guzzling chardonnay.

The Other Andrew said...

Snap! I've considered licking a couple of your photos in the past...

Michael Guy said...

Any photo in particular, Andrew? I gather you've seen the wiener one circling the internets?

The Other Andrew said...

Hah! No, I haven't seen a wiener shot... all of a sudden I feel like I'm missing out! :)