Thursday, January 11, 2007

Summertime Ramble

Some timely applications of miracle cream seem to have started to do the trick with my skin, so thankfully I avoided being mobbed by villagers with torches and pitchforks on my stroll to work this morning. My relief was palpable.

It's another hot day here on the fringes of civilization, in the suburbs of outer Sydney. Huge hybiscus flowers and shoefiti are everywhere, but I'm pretty certain the two are not related. By 8.30 this morning the sun was already scorching as I trudged up the tree-free street to the office. I even passed a bird sitting on the footpath that let me walk right by them without moving, shooting me a look that I chose to interpret as "Whatever. In this heat, who can arsed?"

Indeed.

I just took a message from the HR department for my boss, one that I think might spell the end of my time here. I'm contracting, and I've been extended and extended for months now. I can't say I'm surprised because I did agree to "stay until January" and it's now said "January". It's not a well paid position so I'm not considering taking it permanently, but it would be nice if I could stay here a bit longer to save up some money in case unemployment beckons. January is a suckworthy month financially with the Christmas week holiday and a public holiday for Australia Day, none of which I get paid for. Whatever. Somehow the Universe will provide.

Another cup of Real Coffee. Do I sound directionless, or demotivated or something? I'm not, I'm having an ok sort of day, but one of those days where it's hot, and work's not so challenging, and the temptation to write rambling sentences that wobble wobble along with too many commas is hard to resist.

7 comments:

Mikey (TLE) said...

Or, do what I do (to quote Magda Szubanski (as Mary McGregor)) and put (bracketed) asides in everything (I think it's quaint and cute).

Anonymous said...

It's all that Westie air getting to you. Find a job closer to home.

And remember, a change is as good as a holiday :-)

The Other Andrew said...

Mikey to quote somebody (you) "That may be so!"... :)

Laubscher, very good point. The air is hotter, and somehow less invigorating out here. A job in the city again would be nice.

Anonymous said...

Japanese Nude

Free Sample

http://jjadult.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/2/

Michael Guy said...

Chicago Nude

Free Sample

Got my e-mail, Andrew?

Mikey (TLE) said...

Yikes! Who is anonymous... I shouldn't have to look at that on a blog by a gay man! I'm off to Tottyland for a "brain scrub".

The Other Andrew said...

MG, you are the perfect anti-spam!

I didn't check my home email since last night (my time), I'll check it tonight.