I felt really bad by Friday of last week, sweating and shivering my way through the afternoon in the office but not wanting to go home on account of I don't get paid for sick days and hello! I had just come off a whole week of unpaid leave. Saturday I was scheduled to do a stocktake of the bookshop I run at the Buddhist centre, and as I had organised a volunteer to help I went in anyway and did it. I started at 9am and by 4pm, and 80% done, I just had to call it quits. Through gritted teeth. My volunteer was a real champion though, and as well as getting to chat to him and know him better we managed to get a lot of it done. The rest of the weekend I slept, laid on the couch, read and watched tv.
Wow, that's a lot of backstory...
I stayed home yesterday, still not feeling well. However, my day was much more productive and goal centered:
- Successfully re-watched the entire second season of Arrested Development. "I'm a MONSTER!!"
- Attempted growth of beard. Limited success if using Neat Criteria, very successfull if using Psych Department Inpatient Criteria.
- Successfuly remained unwashed until 11.30am. Outcome only affected by need to leave the house to forage for something to eat.
- Proved theory that you're never to sick to have a sly one off the wrist. Or maybe that's just me.
- Made first attempt at doing a "Samurai" Sudoku puzzle from the weekend paper. Discovered the "Easy" label misleading, unless of course this refers to Samurai only.
I feel a little bit better today, the fevers etc are gone but some of the sore thoat remains, so back at work. (Yay.)