Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Clocking Off

It looks like my job could be over in a matter of weeks rather than months. The push is on to fill the position with a permanent staff member rather have me fill it as a contractor, and they have just started the first round of interviews. It's not a surprise, when they extended my contract last time they asked me if I could stay until January.

It won't cause me any undue mental anguish as I'm kind of bored with it now anyway. The timing isn't great though, as all the holidays in January mean that I'll be leaving after a lean pay month. Eh, as I said previously - the universe will provide somehow.

The thing is, being bored and knowing that things are coming to a close I've kind of signed off already. Not exactly motivated you could say. When in reality I should be pulling my finger all the way out and getting everything finished, neatened and made shipshape. Gah, just writing that is exhausting. It's something I have in my character, once the enthusiasm goes you can sort of forget about it.

The lights are on but nobody is home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, now, what's so hard about faking sincere effort? Simply make you work space look neat and organized and they'll never notice you spend your days reading the help wanted ads.

Good luck with finding a fabulous new position.

Ur-spo said...

I hope your new post has meaning.
and cookies.

Anonymous said...

You know anything about SunSystems accounting software? What about SQL Server? I've got an opening for a Support Analyst...