Having said that, some of these 'typing' schemes are obviously better than others, and have more observation and analysis behind them. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility to say that if you have this personality trait, then you are likely to have one of these traits also.
Anyhoo, rambling is a personality trait, yes? (See below: "rambling".) Years ago a friend of mine who was really into the Enneagram told me he thought I was a SEVEN. I took the little online quizz thingy here and it tells me I'm a NINE.
Maybe I'm this?!:
We are The Other Andrew. We are nerd. And FYI, we are also fierce.
So. Apparently I'm a NINE. Interestingly, it seems pretty accurate. The positive stuff is fairly flattering, which (and I'm not being self deprecating here) always makes me sceptical because that's sort of how I think horoscopes work. We agree with the flattering and doubt the unflattering. Having said that, the challenges faced by NINEs is kind of me exactly. I am very hard on myself about indecision, am often confused about what I want (just ask me about my career sometime) and if you have dated me you'll know I'm often hyper sensitive to critisism. Plus, nothing infuriates me more than thinking I'm not being listened to. Seriously, red mist descending time.
So, here's the results. Know me, understand me, put me in a neat little box labelled NINE.
Nine: The Peacemaker
"I am at peace"
Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.
How to Get Along with Me
- If you want me to do something, how you ask is important.
- I especially don't like expectations or pressure.
- I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this.
- Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.
- Give me time to finish things and make decisions.
- It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally.
- Ask me questions to help me get clear.
- Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.
- Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.
- I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.
- Let me know you like what I've done or said.
- Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.
What I Like About Being a NINE
- being nonjudgmental and accepting
- caring for and being concerned about others
- being able to relax and have a good time
- knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
- my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
- my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
- being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
What's Hard About Being a NINE
- being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
- being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
- being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally
- being confused about what I really want
- caring too much about what others will think of me
- not being listened to or taken seriously
NINEs as Children Often
- feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant
- tune out a lot, especially when others argue
- are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves
NINEs as Parents
- are supportive, kind, and warm
- are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective