Wednesday, October 01, 2008

You Ain't Nothing But

Elvis fans, move along. Nothing to see here.



I've never been a fan of Elvis I have to say, I mean some of his numbers are ok but as an artist/genre/industry his allure has passed over me. So, having nailed my colours to the mast re: Elvis, I was surprised to hear that one of his signature tunes was a hit first for someone else. And, hello, in my humble (but very important) opinion Big Mama Thornton comes off the better in this competition. When she calls that scoundrel a 'hound dog', you know she knows of what she speaks.

Or sings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what programme you were watching last night. I totally agree the orignial is *very* gritty.

The Other Andrew said...

Exactly! I hadn't heard of it until then, but had to go and consult The Oracle (ie: google) straight away.