Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Top Design" Here I Come!

[This blog entry should come with a Time Suck! warning, because OMG once you start playing with Polyvore you are not going to want to stop.]

Polyvore is a website that let's you sign in and create a profile, much like Flickr, and create storyboard collages. You can add elements by choosing from the menus of existing items (put in "ikea" for example and almost everything in the catalogue pops up), seach for things like "vase" but only in orange, or you can use the clipper tool to clip items you see elsewhere and add them to the items database. Each element in the story board becomes a link that takes you back to the source, such as the Ikea catalogue.



Oh. My. God. Lots of it is fashion orientated, but there is also heaps of interior design elements on there. I signed up and made my fantasy mid-century inspired dining room (above) in less than an hour of fooling around. Sweet.

[Updated: Remember what I said about it being a time suck? I should have heeded my own warning. I just had to made another set... just one more...]



[Discovered via How About Orange.]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM I THINK I KNOW WHAT I WILL BE DESIGNING
I HAVE QUITE AN IMAGINATION !!!

yani said...

Just what every breakfast nook needs... a fisting statue?

The Other Andrew said...

That fisting statue is by Jonathan Adler... so, um.... never mind.

Anonymous said...

almost as fun as www.faceinhole.com - another time sucker... :)

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

you should never have posted this yummy site! omg!

The Other Andrew said...

Speedy, turn back while you can!