Saturday, October 04, 2008

Afternoon Tea & Knitting

Afternoon Tea & Knitting


I hadn't logged into the knitting social networking website www.ravelry.com for a few days, so when I logged in at lunchtime today I was pleased to find an invite to visit Miss Fee for afternoon tea and some knitting. This morning was cool and rainy, so I had canned the idea of going out and doing the few errands I had planned. So at 1 o'clock I was still unwashed, and decidedly underdressed, when I realised I had a 2pm invite.

Afternoon Tea & Knitting


By the time I had showered and dressed I hadn't left myself much time to get to Fee's, so I decided to catch a cab. The cab driver turned out to be a tiny wizened person, who I kid you not looked to be somewhere around 100 years old. (I say 'person' because frankly I'm still not certain if it was a man or a woman. Even after talking to them.) A short cab ride turned into a long cab ride, as the cab driver person took the worst route possible, executed an illegal turn across traffic, turned off the meter at one point as they could see I was getting frustrated with them, and drove the remainder of the trip around 15kms under the speed limit.

Afternoon Tea & Knitting


Oy. Anyhoo, after not too much time I arrived at Fee and Matt's lovely new house. The previous owners were a gay couple who are friends of Fee's, and you know who can do a lovely home renovation? The Gays can, that's who.

Afternoon Tea & Knitting

We sat around their big dining table, with the entire back wall of glass opened to the garden. The morning rain had lifted, and the afternoon overcast but pleasant. It was a lovely afternoon of tea drinking, lovely nibbles eating, knitting and chatting. Just the ticket (and much nicer than cruising the net in your underwear).

Afternoon Tea & Knitting

14 comments:

missfee said...

love the photos - and thanks for the great company this afternoon xxx
you are spot on The GAYS they do know how to renovate!!!!

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks for the invite Fee! It was a lovely afternoon.

Kris said...

Beautiful photos! I noticed you clicking away down there but I can't believe you got such amazing shots out of it. I'm in awe...

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks Kris!

Ur-spo said...

I am very fond of tea; I want to know what sort of tea was consumed and what type to you enjoy?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I've travelled with that taxi driver too.

The Other Andrew said...

Ur-spo, I'm not sure what kind of tea it was. It was very mild, almost like a white tea. At home I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I quite like green tea, herbal teas and as an 'veryday' tea Dilmah.

Marcellous, he/she is memorable!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

ohhhhhh TOA, you must tell me what that red wool was - it is divine and I must have some, and then I must force someone at needlepoint to make me something with it! ;-)

jason said...

those photos are magazine perfect.

Anonymous said...

I'm handing in my Queen's card cos I can't renovate for love nor money.

Cruising in yr undies sounds *hot* to me.

MissFee & co would have made me get dressed & enjoy spring drizzle. Wish I could have been there.

The Other Andrew said...

Nanna,
Eh, so you don't get your renovating badge - I'm sure there are others you can earn!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment! :)

LynS said...

Andrew - the light in all your photographs is so beautiful. You make our afternoon tea look idyllic. Thank you so much for these great pics.

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks Lyn, I really appreciate the compliment!

Emily said...

Only you can do such good surreptitious pics! Almost Kinnearing.... but better.

'Twas indeed a wonderful afternoon.