Monday, October 06, 2008

Lay-zee

I couldn't have been more inactive this weekend if I were in an iron lung. Picture me almost comatose, reaching out in a listless manner for something to eat, or a beverage item, or to type in a new url. (Slight exaggeration perhaps, but I cannot stress this enough... lazy.)

Up until about an hour ago this entire 3 day weekend has been cool and rainy, and aside from dinner with James on Friday night, and afternoon tea at Miss Fee's on Saturday, I've hardly left the house. Suddenly, as I tried to figure out how to get some clean clothes together for the week ahead, the clouds have parted and it's positively tropical. Laundry, done. And curiously, that feels like a much bigger achievement than it really is.

So the afternoon plan is to head out and enjoy the rest of the day. It's a public holiday so not everything will be open, although around these parts Christmas day is just about the only day that pretty much nothing is open. I kind of love that about my neighbourhood, it feels like it's geared up for my convenience.

[Updated: Of course 15 minutes after setting out from home the storm clouds rolled in, the heavens opened, and it poured down. Now my bathroom looks like someone exploded the contents of a laundry all over it.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It only gets out of hand when you start desiring mint julups & wear large lacey hats & dab your forehead with eau de cologne soaked lace handkerchieves.

The Other Andrew said...

I think I have a lace handkercheif around here somewhere...

Cecilia said...

Laundry is always a big achievement! (For me anyway...)