Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Unique Eye

Sometimes when I'm feeling a bit jaded about photography, I like to refresh my enthusiasm by looking at the work of photographers who are at the top of their game. Inspirational.

I was looking through the wonderful collection of photography links on my new big love Fabulon: Life On A Fabulous Planet (see my previous post) when I came across the work of Eugenio Recuenco. In his own words:

eugenio recuenco is a spanish photographer who is a pain in the ass because he always insists on doing whatever he wants. He works for quite a number of clients both in the advertising and editorial fields all over the World who are also a pain in the ass, because they always want to do whatever they want.


That just made me love him already, you know? Without even seeing a single photo.

But, oh the pictures! The beautiful pictures!!











[Click any of the pics to seem them bigger. It's worth it, they're stunning. Oh, and go visit his website and see them in context, because they are all part of a series.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photography is one thing, and having fabulous subjects to photograph is another. Those are great pics.

The Other Andrew said...

True, obviously budget, subject, styling etc all has a role. His work all has a very unique look, and I gather he has a very strong hand in the direction of all his shots.