Friday, February 10, 2006

The Wedding Banquet


If the tagline on the top of the cover of the DVD is any indication, it looks like the success of "Brokeback Mountain" has prompted the release (or is it re-release?) of Ang Lee's first gay themed movie The Wedding Banquet at the end of this month. I've mentioned previously that I saw and enjoyed this film very much, and I've been looking for it on the DVD store shelves for a while now without success. It looks like it should be in the stores in Australia at the start of March. WOOT!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those new coloured ratings guides are so outrageously ugly.

When they had the online vote on the design, I voted for a non-coloured version that was much smaller. These are hideous and they ruin any sense of design of the cover.

Sunshine said...

Sam loves this movie. He keeps saying I should watch it - and I will, as soon as I tell him about this upcoming release. Thanks. :)

Michael Guy said...

LOVE this film! Very funny, tender and sweet. Like eating Empress Chicken on crack...

Anonymous said...

This is totally in my netflix queue; perhaps I should move it up and rent it sooner?!?

Michael said...

I have to check that out, too. Have you guys seen "Eat Drink Man Woman"? LOVE that. One of my best friends grew up in Tapei and watching with her made it better, I suppose. She was LIT UP over it and I was giddy by proxy.

The Other Andrew said...

Tyson, I agree that the ratings guides could be a bit more discrete. They are pretty intrusive.

Duane, Sunshine and Michael, you should definately try and see this. It's a very sweet film.

Michael, I LOVE "Eat Drink Man Woman"! If you liked that, you might like this.

Michael G, I agree on all your points - although I'll skip the Empress Chicken and choose Tamarind Tofu instead. Yum.