Friday, September 30, 2005

Everybody's Working For The Weekend

Thank you Jeebus that this week is almost over!

It's Labour Day here on Monday, so a three day weekend is in the offing. Woot! After the work craziness of the past two weeks, and giving up my whole weekend last weekend to volunteer at the conference, I'm looking forward to this weekend so much that I can taste the anticipation.

Tonight I'm off to see the new Firefly movie "Serenity" with the lovely ex, and then the whole three day weekend is stretched out ahead of me with few plans. A bit of house cleaning, maybe a couple of movies, probably a bit of volunteer work at the Buddhist centre... nothing too taxing. Sweet.

3 comments:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael said...

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

Whee! I'm wanting to bring my nephew to see it, the only person I know who is AS giddy about the flick. But first (I felt like Julie Chen just then), I have to convince the mom that his time is certainly NOT better spent at Chinese school learning Mandarin on a Saturday afternoon. It's always a tough sell when you have no solid arguments on your side.

I feel like giving you and your potentially leisurely weekend an awkwardly unmanaged kiss.

The Other Andrew said...

However, just think how cool it would be to take a Chinese speaker with you to see Serenity? With all the Chinese cussing they do, it's downright educational!

I won't spoil it for you. I liked it, and I also have mixed feelings about some bits of it. Don't take that as a negative, I just haven't sorted out how I feel about some bits. I need to see it again.