Tuesday, September 27, 2005

File This Under Whatthefuh?

From Japan, home of much of the world's whackiness, comes a live action version of Sailor Moon.

The character profiles are very illuminating. For example Tsukino Usagi, who portrays Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon, lists talking as one of her hobbies. (OMFG!! Me too!!!!) Of some concern though is the fact that Chiba Mamoru, or Earth Guardian Tuxedo Mask, lists collecting random trinkets as one of his hobbies. Kleptomania is too sad, and frankly illegal, for me to endorse or condone here. Of all the cast though I feel the most affinity with Queen Beryl, or the wicked Queen of the Dark Kingdom, for I too would list "eating while walking" as a hobby.

6 comments:

Michael said...

Oh. My. Gah. I was just eating while walking today! Freaky. It's like we're twins.

I have never heard of Sailor Moon.

Michael said...

So are you still awake, sweetie? Still need to chat? I have five minutes for you, or 20 if you plan on joining me in the shower.

Sunshine said...

I used to love watching Sailor Moon in the morning!! Have you ever been amazed by how big her eyes are???

Anonymous said...

I love talking. It is probably my favorite hobby. At least I am not into collecting trinkets, or I could end up like Winona Ryder!

The Other Andrew said...

Michael, a) pass me the soap on a roap and b) Sailor Moon is a girly girl manga animated cartoon. Lots of doe eyed young heroines in scanty sailor costumes. Bizarre.

At least three of the 'actors' also listed 'making sweets' as a hobby. Potential 'Jenny Craig' spokesmodels here they come! Also, what's with listing their bllod groups.

I remember a commentor here saying that bloodgroups are treated like star signs in Japan. Weird, neh?

The Other Andrew said...

That should be 'blood groups' not 'bllod groups'...