Monday, April 23, 2007

A Grand Ole Time

I had a great weekend, I hope you all did. It was a real ripper. Put all the superlatives for 'fun', 'relaxing' and 'social' in one place, pile on some frosting and sprinkles, juggle it all by a (not scary) clown - and that's how much fun it was.

I knitted. I shopped. I discovered the kindness of strangers, when someone handed in my accidentally dropped ATM card at the train station. I went to a fabulous 1st birthday party. I went to a pub knitting "Stitch 'n' Bitch' at my local pub, and met a great bunch of people under a giant Frangipani tree. The sun came out. It rained a bit. I had some 'down time'. I slept.

It was positively grand. You?

[Updated: I almost completely forgot to mention that I started with the other prerequesite for a good weekend - a hangover. Thanks in part to Graeme and James on Friday night, and the tricksy deliciousness of beer. Good times.]

2 comments:

James said...

Another post in which I get the blame for YOUR hangover!!! Bloody hell!!! :):)

The Other Andrew said...

Hey now, c'mon. I said in part. Given my cashless, ATM cardless status on Friday night, let's not forget that you and Graeme were enabling by drunkardness. For that I'm eternally gratefull.