Friday, August 01, 2008

Grieving A Loss

The loss of my ATM card. Gah, is there any bigger pain in the ass? OK, sure. There are, pestilence and famine to name just a few. But this one is on the short list.

I had it yesterday morning, and then I went to make an eftpos transaction at Officeworks last night and... there was a card shaped space where my ATM card used to live. I've called and cancelled it and arranged a replacement card, but the biggest pain is that my new workplace is a long way away from any branch of my bank. So at lunchtime today I'm going to have to catch a bus there and back to take out some money over the counter for the weekend. Boo!

3 comments:

Mousicles said...

I've felt that loss. The panic that sets in when you notice it missing.

Luckily, I was able to remember when last I used it and rang the store. They had it.

The sad part was returning to those shops again caused me to spend more money :)

Unknown said...

You were missed this morning at the knit in. Inigo wore his Andrew cardi and looked very cute.

Ur-spo said...

what frustation
It reminds me though of my college days when I had to make sure to get to the bank of friday to get enough cash for the weekend, lest i run out.