Thursday, November 01, 2007

On Busy-ness & Fabulousity

I was so glad to have a quiet night in last night, this week has been so crazy busy it was nice to just kick back on the couch, watch tv and knit.

Re: the knitting. Interesting factoid, Alan Turing the code breaker, maths/computer whiz and 'mo, was a knitter. David Leavitt mentions this in his biographer to show that he was a bit of a social misfit. Suck it Leavitt! Actually, at the time it would have raised more eyebrows than it does these days, but whatever. I'm about 3/4 finished on a blah blah secret project blah blah I'm making as a gift and it is turning out so well I kind of want to squeak every time I look at it.

Anyhoo, I digress. Busy. I started my new position at work on Monday, and I've been flat out getting a handle on it, reorganising the files (or I should say, organising), training a new admin staff member, starting a new billing cycle and blah de blah. Yesterday we had to travel about a half hour each way to another office for a farewell morning tea for one of our guys who is leaving, and then coming back we stopped to get lunch (ok, and a bit of shopping) so I didn't really get started on any significant work until like 1.30pm. Normally I wouldn't mind that, but it was weighing on my mind how much I have to do.

So, another quiet night in tonight is on the cards, just me, So You Think You Can Dance and the knitting. Oh, you may scoff but it sounds fabulous to me. Tomorrow night I'm off to dinner with a big group at one of my favourite Thai restaurants, then a 'Mad Hatter's Tea Party' birthday party on Saturday (I'm buying a purple top hat for the occasion).


The following weekend I'm going to see "The Year of Magical Drinking" with Kiki & Herb at The Studio in The Opera House (Mmm jealous, bitches?). I can't wait. Gender bending cabaret will be the theme of that weekend, because then I'm off to see the divalicious Paul Capsis on the Sunday. I've see Paul Capsis before, and he is a stunning performer. I've only ever heard good things about Kiki & Herb's demented style of gin soaked cabaret, and I really liked Justin Bond's (Kiki) performance in "Shortbus".

How excitement!

13 comments:

Thombeau said...

Kiki & Herb are Fabulon Favorites! How wonderful for you!

Now get back to your knitting.

The Other Andrew said...

If only. I'd rather be knitting than doing all this WORK.

I'm very excited to see Kiki & Herb!

Cecilia said...

TV and knitting--that sounds pretty great to me!
And I look forward to hearing about the shows.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

oooh Kiki and Herb look good, I saw them in an Opera House brochure!

btw TOA, check your email, S is in town and having a picnic for the noodle's birthday.

Anonymous said...

TOA,

can't find a relevant email address for you- AJ's birthday party this Saturday in Stanmore.
Tell Whitey and email me your addy, I'll send you details.
Of course it would be too fabulous to see you!

Cheers

SW

The Other Andrew said...

Oh crap, it sounds like AJ's birthday thing is going to conflict with the 'Madhatter's Tea Party' birthday thing I have on Saturday... I'll check your emails and stuff and get back to you guys.

Mikey (TLE) said...

Webb, how long are you in town for and stuff. I've got a friend's 40th on the Saturday (day: picnic). If AJ's is in the morning, then all good. You can meet the new boy. Otherwise, some other alternate time this weekend?

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

Mikey, pic-er-nic details are up on ForBattle.

yani said...

Four words...

Neil. Leather Pants. WOOFKA!

The Other Andrew said...

Ha ha! You really are a convert now Yani. All three boys in the final 6 were teh hotness imho. I thought Neil looked better in the 'business attire' for the jazz number though.

Wesley Darling said...

I feel almost guilty for reading all this. It's so voyeuristic...and I have no idea what any of it means.

My favorite: "
Neil. Leather Pants. WOOFKA!


I also would love to hear you squeal with pleasure about a favorite project. The thought makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

I saw Kiki & Herb, "ALIVE ON B'WAY" in Sept '06. I know you'll love the show. They are sooooo fabulous! Have a wonderful time.

yani said...

Yeah Andrew, you led me to the Temple of Dance, but those hot dancing acolytes kept me coming back ;)

And please, I would fuck Neil thirty seven ways from Tuesday no matter WHAT he was wearing! ;)

Or not wearing as the case may be!