Friday, November 09, 2007

Killer Week

I alluded to the fact yesterday that that it was a long day. Well, truth of the matter is that it has been an even longer week. Ay dios mio. Part of my new job here with The Big Christian Charity is looking after the financials of three services we provide. I knew this was going to mean that month-end would be crazy, because all three services would have the same exact deadline this week.

My instincts rarely fail me. (Ok, maybe that period where I thought I could singlehandedly bring the white denim jacket back into fashion, but that was an exception.)

Anyhoo. I'm done and dusted now. Everything balances. Alles ist in ordnung. Order prevails. Best of all, it's Friday! It's just that much sweeter when you get everything done, and then you can sit back and enjoy the fact that the weekend beckons.

I'm cutting out of here early today to go and see my doctor and get a little something to help me sleep. Since we had a blast of super charged Summer-style weather a week or two back my sleep patterns have been really disturbed. Warm nights allways equal restlessness for me, and factor in my ongoing back pain/sciatica issue and I've been sleeping badly for weeks now. I need to nip it in the bud before I approach zombiedom.

Tonight I'm off to birthday drinks for James. This weekend is going to be jam packed crazy, with Kiki & Herb at The Opera House on Saturday night, The Newtown Festival and then Paul Capsis at The Enmore Theatre on Sunday... but the thing occupying my mind most of all is that I get to catch up with the wonderful man I met last Friday. Woohoo!

I haven't really talked about him much, mostly because it's not fair to talk about him here without asking him first. Suffice to say I like him a lot, and all indicators point towards him feeling the same way. It's a voyage of discovery folks! Set your compasses of unchartered waters.

9 comments:

bernard said...

have a fabby weekend; hope may catch u somewhere!

And if we don't get details on Mystery Beast God Hunk, will have to start the Personal History Game...

Thombeau said...

have a wonderful time, dear brother. And remember: NOTHING IN MODERATION!!!

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks boys!

NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE EXCESS!

mrpeenee said...

Cast off sweetie. He sounds like just the thing to fix that nasty ol sciatica

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the Newtown festival on Sunday afternoon - maybe I'll catch you there - amongst the gazillions of people. I'm *dying* to catch up with you and get the goss.

Michael said...

Engage!

(I do a spot on Picard)

Thombeau said...

When you think your new relationship is ready to go to the next level, you should take your friend to FABULON!!!


(That will be the real test!)

Wesley Darling said...

When he's ready, take him to the next level. White denim jackets.

(I'm actually totally with you on that one. Potentially hazardous/fabulous.)

Ur-spo said...

i was in mexico for a week and not able to access blogs. i missed your updates; i was glad to see you are doing OK.
good luck in the uncharted waters.