Thursday, November 08, 2007

Mmmmm... A Laser.

I work in an office that is mostly women. It's not a cubefarm, we have genuine close-the-door type offices. Except a) nobody shuts their doors and b) there are glass louvers above the doors that are fixed open anyway. So, acoustically not secure.

Oh, and I know this is a dreadful over simplification and use of stereotypes, but most of the women I work with come from ethnic backgrounds where loud, heated conversations are more the norm than the exception. Italian. Lebanese.

So, scene set?

This afternoon (while struggling to complete the last bits of financial month-end) I have been an unwilling listener to the following topics of conversation:
  • Periods. Bad ones. Very, very bad ones.
  • Laser treatment for unsightly chin and underarm hair.
  • Boob exercises. (wtf?)
  • Recipes for Tiramisu. Specifically, an argument about why one woman won't share her 'secret recipe' for the perfect Tiramisu.

It has been a very long day. I need your pity.

9 comments:

Thombeau said...

Oh, honey, just "go postal" and get it over with!

Today, whilst at the library, a group of homeless guys set up camp near where I was sitting. Without even wanting to, I heard:

"So, have you seen Shaggy and Scooby lately?"

"Which ones are they"

"Y'know, the fat guy and that skinny one with the hair. They lived down by the river. I think one of 'em died."

Cecilia said...

I come the a Land of Loud People, so I sympathize!
I am, however, really intrigued by the idea of boob exercises...

mrpeenee said...

ceclia can have the boob exercises, I want that damn tiramisu recipe.

Thombeau is welcome to his homeless guys, the poor thing.

Kt said...

Sounds like a GREAT day in the office. No, seriously!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

snuggle up with the Dalek pattern and/or the mystery man and take it easy ;-)

yani said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Much virtual handpatting and cyber bon-bons...

bernard said...

oh get your own back by talking about naaasty methodist-on-man action etc...

Cozalcoatl said...

Heh. I work in a Mobile Vet Clinic with 3 other women...we get to shave (and talk about) alot of dog testicles before cutting them and pulling bits out...and in heat vaginas are always a favourite.
I think it would be the same with a boy around. Care to join us?

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

I heart you, Cozzie ;-)