Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mr Sandman

Sorry about the short leave of absence yesterday, I was absolutely flat out busy at work and then by the time I got home last night I was too darn tired, tired, tired, tired, TIRED to think of anything creative. I know, I could have posted a pic of some pretty boy from the past or something. You know what, I was even too tired for that. Shocker.

Today is a new day. Annie was right, the sun will come out tomorrow! I took a half a sleeping pill last night to make up for the shortfall Mr Sandman delivered and I feel a little bit caught up today. Today is also going to be less busy thankfully, which is nice.

However tomorrow and Friday I'm in an Indoctrination Orientation Course with The Big Christian Charity for two days. Something we all have to endure enjoy at some point after becoming permanent employees. I'm thinking I might sneak in a few Sudokos to work on, or maybe I should just take one of those sleeping pills and catch up on some further Zzzzzzzzs?...

I suppose my knitting would be a bit obvious?

8 comments:

Michael said...

Two words: vibrating buttplug.

Or is that three? I'm sure the buzz would be drowned out by the monotonous drone of the saved. I know it's not so much a distraction, but it does help the time pass.

And I am PLOTZING that you're EVER too tired for vintage man candy.

The Other Andrew said...

And I am PLOTZING that you're EVER too tired for vintage man candy.

I know, right? THAT'S TIRED.

Vibrating buttplug huh? So you're thinking like a male variant on the vibrating egg thing that [name forgotten] wears in "Shortbus"? Seriously, too much of a good time would be just as obvious.

M-H said...

I knit in almost any meeting. But I can knit and maintain eye contact (ie I don't have to look at my knitting). If you can't do that I wouldn't advise trying it, as people will think you're not concentrating. You might miss something Crucial and Vital about... something or other...

The Other Andrew said...

You might miss something Crucial and Vital about... something or other...

Yeah, like important OH&S policy or something...zzzzzzz....

Thombeau said...

I saw a play the other night, in a small theatre, and the woman in front of me was knitting during the entire production. And she was in the front row!

Michael said...

Yes, Shortbus, and also that other cinematic (videotape?) classic, Unplugged from MenAtPlay.com.

Now I need to watch Shortbus again.

and as your last breath begins
you find your demon's your best friend
and we all get it in
the end

Therin of Andor said...

It was fun seeing you on Thursday night. i forgot to tell you: according to the blog site BuggerAll(Blog), I am ranked 421st noisiest out of 1299 current Australian blogs, with 718 "backlinks" on Yahoo, for the winter of 2007. (Yahoo is said more liberal in counting links; Google is "a bit of a scrooge that way".)

But you, my friend, are ranked 144th, with 5230 Yahoo backlinks!

Hey neighbour! Keep the noise down a bit will ya, I'm trying to blog!

The Other Andrew said...

Jebus, I don't really even know what that all means, but it sounds impressive. Noisy huh?

Hello pot, meet kettle. ;P