Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Subject: You May Want To Read This

A late afternoon email conversation between myself and Mikey (the lovely ex)

Subject: You may want to read this
Mikey: www.smh.com.au/news/people/halloween-jab-at-irwin

Me: Yeah, I saw it earlier today.

Mikey: You filthy disgusting worm with no respect...

Me: Present.

Mikey: In other news, Ryan Phillipe and Reese Witherspoon have split, so Ryan is on the market again and that's good...

Me: Oddly, I thought of you when I read that.

Mikey: I don't think that's odd. I have been mistaken in the street for Ryan many times.

Me: Err, RIGHT.

Mikey: Yes, odd that they all seemed to be carrying canes, walking dogs and wearing dark glasses. I presumed they were all from some sort of weird religious cult which worshipped the "54" star.

Me: The 5'4" star? Hey, that's me!

Mikey: 5'4"... sure?

Me: What, you think I'm tinier than that? Or bigger? Bigger, right? It's on account of the huge personality, I get that all the time.

Mikey: I plead the common law privilege against self-incrimination...

Me: Coward.

6 comments:

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

heh. I can see the both of you perfectly... high-larious :)


ps - are you in attendance on sunday, TOA?

The Other Andrew said...

Yes, I'll be there. Sorry, I probably missed the RSVP date right? I will be there.

Mikey (TLE) said...

I'm always happy to amuse and to educate. The "common law privilege..." is our version of people in the US invoking the fifth amendment

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

thank TOA, I hoped that was the case!

I also have a lovely 'Mo friend who's coming (taken unfortunately) with whom I suspect you have Abba friends in common :-)

Mikey, did you get the invite? I'm hugely sorry it didn't get to you earlier. things have been... interesting. I live in those interesting times that people talk about. anyway, I hope we'll see you there as well!

Mikey (TLE) said...

Speedy, no I didn't. Send me an email with the details. I am going on a 90km cycle ride to Wollongong on Sunday morning, so that may be a problem.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

coo! that's long. good for you! I hope the weather's lovely, what's the forecast? reminds me of when Mark Mac used to cycle. by golly, the thighs!

*slight dreamy look*


okay, back to reality now. heh.