Monday, July 18, 2005

The Good, The Bad, And The Downright Insane

I spent my entire lunch break today laughing my head off at some of the bizarro titles on Odd Books. Amazing works such as:

One of the books Pyramid Power*, actually seems oddly familiar. I might have read this (or tried to) as a young teenager. I certainly remember the craze for 'pyramid power' theories in the 70's, around the same time as other paranormal/alien theorists such Erich von Daniken and Uri Geller. I even built a couple of cardboard pyramids, not surprisingly with limited success.

* Scroll down to the bottom of the Pyramid Power page for a picture of the author with his 'pyramid tent'. Is it just me or does he have a touch of the '70's Colt Studio almost-hot-if-you-can-get-past-the-flares-and-bad-hair' sort of look? I know, I'm insane.

No comments: