Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Old Queen!

(No, not a reference to yesterday's post.)

It's a public holiday for the Queen's Birthday! And it's not even her actual birthday! I love the Royals and their eccentric ways!

It's been a weird and kind of disappointing weekend so far. I went to Worldwide Knit In Public Day on Saturday, but not before running around like a crazy man in the morning trying to get things done and arriving home to find my sweet friend Judy was early. Aaargh, pressure! So I threw my things together and we headed out. In a torrential rainstorm, the likes of which Sydney hasn't seen in 30 years. Cold! Wet! (Yay)

To cap things off I managed to break my beloved 50mm F1.8 camera lens somehow. I don't know how, but it was in 2 pieces when I pulled the camera out of my bag. So I was cold, wet, pissed off and even working up a good headache by the time we got to the venue. I actually had a good time and got some pics with my back-up lens (pics to come), but was feeling the cold after a couple of hours. Or actually not feeling my feet anymore. So we spilt. I ended up staying in and watching the teev for the rest of the evening while the storm raged.

Yesterday I futzed around in the morning and then headed off to the pub knitting get together in the afternoon. The weather had cleared a bit but it was still pretty cool. I bought a beer and some food and waited. After waiting for about 50 minutes and nobody else turning up I got tired of sitting there like Nigel No Mates and split. Cue a second night of staying in watching the teev, only this time there was a pizza to mix things up a bit.

So there we have it. I might be catching up with Mikey (the lovely ex) today, otherwise a day of housework is on the agenda.

This old queen really knows how to celebrate!

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

So sorry to leave you alone on Sunday! I had planned to go but just couldn't face the weather.

Ur-spo said...

i love the queen.
i am wasted here in the USA.
the psyche needs a king or queen figure.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

ahhh Queenie, she's the only one left with any Clarse.

it was a funny ole fusty ole weekend in general, wasn't it?

check your email TOA, dinner on Weds night at the Eiger if you can make it as another way of saying bye-bye Spyd and Gord... mmmmmm Eiger!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your broken lens, what a bummer.I just couldn't drag myself out into THAT weather to WWKIP and the pub knitting; WWKIP was wet and cold last year too but nowhere near as bad as this year.