So with this in mind, I'm currently thankful for:
- My friends. I've met some amazing new people in the past year, who I'm pleased to call friends. I've also treasured the friendship of my older friends, and marvelled at how most of those friendships have withstood the test of time and changing life circumstances.
- The Internet. That wonderful series of tubes that delivers people and places right to my very computer screen. I can't overstate this. Connecting with people on the internet, here, through other people's blogs, and through Flickr, has really been a highlight of the past year.
- Having somewhere to have a voice. Here. Sometimes it's therapy, sometimes it's an ego boost, sometimes it's a soapbox and sometimes it's a stand-up stage. It's fun and it lets me feel like I'm connecting with people. It also gives me a spot to express myself, play with language and practice writing.
- Health and sanity. These days, through my work, I get to see people who have a shaky grasp on both and it's very sobering. When I think I'm having a bad day it always pays to consider the suffering of others. Perspective.
- Daniel Craig's torso, and similarly, the manufacturers of square cut swimming trunks.
- Laughter. So many people make me laugh; the friends I hang out with, you guys in the comments, other bloggers, the list is long. Thanks to each and everyone of you.
Care to share. Let's form a Gratitude Circle!