Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The "What's On Your Bookshelves?" Meme

There's been a bit of a meme going around on Flickr, amongst some of the Sydney Photobloggers flickrazzi, of taking a photo of your bookshelves and then posting it (with notes added) for all to see.

What's On Your Bookshelves? Meme

Here's a corner of my teeny, tiny living room with 3 of my bookshelves. These are just 3 of the 7 bookshelves I have in my house. I'm so literate!

To play along, click the pic above to go to the photo's page in Flickr. Then click All Sizes and choose the biggest size if you want to see the details of what's on my bookshelves. The magnification is such that some titles are hard to read, but at least it gives you the idea of what's fabulous and what's tragic on my bookshelves. If you go back to the regular photo page and mouse over the pic, you should see the notes I've added and any notes that have been added by other Flickr users.

Start judging!

10 comments:

Michael said...

Eyegasm! I'm going to be diving into your bookshelves for many minutes, Andrew, just like I'd do if I was there. Only I'm doing it here in just my jim-jam bottoms. No topsies cuz I'm still sweaty from the gym. So, right off I noticed Hollinghurst's "The Line of Beauty" which I just finished. You likey?

Michael said...

P.S. When I went to check out your honey's case, there was no "different sizes" button. One size fits all with him, then?

The Other Andrew said...

You're a tease, me all happily taken and then you bust out the jim jams and sweaty torso. Naughty.

I'm not sure what's up with the lack of All Sizes button on Morgan's, I get one, but then I'm logged into Flickr. ::shrug::

Jen has a Flickr profile now, btw. Nice roadtrip pics.

Line of Beauty was OK, I think I preferred The Swimming Pool Library though. Especially the dirty bits. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that might only work with friends and contacts - I've just changed my settings.

Michael said...

Dirty!

Anonymous said...

I just blogged the meme, too. Michael - does the All Sizes link work now?

Michael said...

Yep. This is a fun night for a book dork!

yani said...

Arrrrgggghhhhh... books arranged in themed yet unorderly haphazard fashion... inner design bitch imploding... must organise bookshelves appropriately... lack of order sapping strength... gay superpowers fading... neurons failing...

Have I metioned that I'm really anal about organising books on bookshelves and have to arrange them from tallest to shortest, going left to right... And yes, that has on occasion messed up a set of books (ie Tales of the City)... but I do it anyway...

But good gods, you'll read just about anything won't you... there's some scary stuff there... Anne Rice, Shirley MacClain, Bram Stoker, Matthew Reilly (although you only seem to have one of his... bad man... bad), Ben Elton... I'd be interested to see who else is in your SciFi section though...

I probably should attempt this one myself actually... maybe later if there's more sunshine...

The Other Andrew said...

Yaniboy, there is some scary stuff in there. There are also books I've been given, but haven't yet read. I'm a bit of a horder so I hate throwing books away, even if I didn't enjoy them. I did actually go through and trim, coming up with one small box, but that is still waiting to be given away.

I arrange by theme (ie all my gay novels are together, all my biographies are together etc) and then by author or subject. Arranging by height might look better but it goes against the grain with me. Alphabetical is best imho.

yani said...

You can officially go and make fun of my books/organisation now...

:P