Sunday, May 07, 2006

Botanica

Morgan and I spent part of today at the Botanical gardens, trying out our new cameras and soaking up the Autumn sunshine.

BotanicRosette

The new camera is turning out to be an absolute joy. Easy to use, but with enough capability for creative control to make the results much more interesting.

CactiTentacle

I'm especially taken with the ability to do crisp close-ups, and to play with exposure and depth of field (focus depth). Loving it!

[Updated: Oh, I forgot to mention, we passed Russell Crowe having a bite to eat with the wife and bub at the outdoor cafe in the Botanical Gardens. Slouched down, with baseball cap, five day crowth and an whiff of surliness at being spotted. We both had cameras in our hands, and Morgan suggested the likely action. My suggestion, don't make eye contact and keep on moving!]

Click the pics to be taken to Flickr, and for larger versions.

7 comments:

Miss Eudoxia said...

Welcome to your new world of super fun photography...

You going to the thing on Thursday night? The terrible trio is (just don't get us all sick this time)

Jen said...

Gorgeous pictures. (And avoiding eye contact with Russell Crowe was probably a very wise move.)

Anonymous said...

What's on this Thursday? We'll have to organise something ourselves if there's no Sydney Photoblogger meet.

I haven't been sick, btw, so I'm not sure it's Andrew's fault.

The Other Andrew said...

Word, Jen. I'm not a fan either, so it was no major hardship to not act like a fan. On the other hand, I could see him physically react to being recognised, so I had a certain degree of compassion for what it must be like when you are just trying to have a quiet afternoon out with the family.

Miss E, there's no post about a Thursday night outing on Sydney Photobloggers yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for one.

Anonymous said...

Hmm and having a camera (albeit new one) thrown back at you would be a whole lot worse than a telephone...

The Other Andrew said...

If I got a multi million dollar settlement out of it, I'd cope. Oh, and I'd upgrade. :)

Anonymous said...

Lol imagining you *coping* with new upgrade