Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Resting

Yesterday was a very important public holiday for Australians; ANZAC Day, a day for remembering fallen war heroes, honouring returned service personnel and eating yummy ANZAC biscuits. The viral bug I've been struggling with since Saturday was still kicking my butt, so Morgan and I had a very quiet day and only ventured out of the house to pay a visit to my friend Judy. Judy's husband John is a Vietnam veteran, and was marching in the parade and then drinking with his buddies, so Morgan and I had a lovely lunch with Judy, and then hung out with her (and her beautiful 22 year old cat Rover) for the afternoon. Morgan was starting to feel unwell (hopefully not with the same horrible bug I've had) and my energy started to lag, so we headed back to Morgan's in the late afternoon to just chill out on the sofa with cups of tea and a laptop each. So modern! We both needed a good night's rest, so I headed home for an early night.

It sounds like an uneventful day, and I guess in some respects it was, but it was pleasant and it's always lovely to hang out with Judy. Morgan hasn't met all that many of the greater extended clan of friends that form a bit of a family for me here, so it was nice to introduce him to Judy and to see that they got on well and both liked each other. No surprises there. We're going to Canberra together this weekend for the wedding of two friends, and that will be a great opportunity for Morgan to meet a bunch of them in one go. It won't be as daunting as it sounds, they're all lovely people.

I'm still not feeling 100%, actually 80% is what I'm aspiring to, and have a huge volume of work to get through so this will probably be it for blog posts today. Unless of course I feel the need to curse James Blunt again. That might yet happen.

See you tomorrow, chikadees.

9 comments:

Sunshine said...

Poor baby. :( Hope you get better soon. Get Morgan to make you chicken soup. :)

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks Sunshine, your best wishes mean a lot. I don't eat meat (but I do now eat fish), so I'll pass on the chicken soup - but I'm sure Morgan can improvise something! :) (He's a good cook btw. Yay!)

Bodhi said...

I don't eat meat (but I do now eat fish)

*Rolls eyes*

Anonymous said...

fish n. 1. any of various cold-blooded, (so a circulatory system) back- boned animals living in water....3. the flesh (!!!) of fish used as food.
Oh dear :( can you stop? i can help you if you need, lol.

My word verification was qtpet (cutie pet) so fish can be pets too...

Michael said...

I find James Blunt tasty. There. I said it. It's some combination of the body, the former military service, and the accent that makes up for the horribly overplayed song. It's kinda funny that what I find so reprehensible in Jennifer Love Hewitt (the doe-eyed earnestness), somehow works for me with him.

Hope you are feeling better, darling!

freakgirl said...

feel better!

Michael Guy said...

Perhaps someone could administer some TLC until you feel your old self again.

I like to feel my old self while surfing a NYQUIL buzz.

DV said...

ooh I can't wait to meet the lovely Morgan on the weekend. yay.

I'm still upset you can't get Nyquil in Australia. Tried when I got the 'flu in the states and it was delightful. Almost made up for the crappy being sick on holidays thang.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

ooooh TOA, sure we're all loverly but we're still frigging intimidating in a pack :-)

have fun on the weekend!