Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Tantrums

I saw a perfectly ordinary looking grown adult man throw the most incredible tantrum this morning on Newtown train station, because he just missed his train. I felt really bad for him, but it was also a little scary because he clearly has some pretty intense anger management issues. He was screaming stuff about having had to rush for the train, having forgone having his cup of tea (!) and then some rant about how early schools start for the day.

Meanwhile I was thinking he probably needed something other than a cup of tea, something maybe with a pharmecuetical element.

Then I discovered this morning that we have run out of the special coffee pod things for the espresso machine at work... and my only option was to take the very last decaf one...

...and his rant didn't seem so bizarre after all.

[Update: Coffee delivery just arrived. Crisis (and potential meltdown) averted! Huzzah!]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never come between a man and his morning caffine!

Michael said...

When I see something like that, I softly pray, "Please don't let him be a pilot, or an elevator inspector, or a bridge engineer....."

Unknown said...

I have my espresso at home before I even leave the house. That way, if I have to throw a tantrum, I throw it at home.

The Other Andrew said...

Jodie, agreed!

Michael, very good point! Given the school hours rant, I 'm thinking school teacher maybe?...

Raymond, great idea. Also, first comment? Hello! ::waves::

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

"Please don't let him be a pilot, or an elevator inspector, or a bridge engineer....."

or, you know, a doctor with a full theatre list ahead...