Thursday, April 24, 2008

Does The "End Time" Start With Another Flood?

OMG chickens, it's after 4.30 in the afternoon and this is pretty much the first time I have stopped and taken a breath all day. Oh sure, it's meant the day has gone fast, but given my usual slacker ways it's sure been a shock to the system. (Thankfully a less hateful day than yesterday though, or as I now like to think of it The Day I Nearly Told My Boss To Go Screw Himself, And The Horse He Rode In On). I'm pleased with how much I managed to get done today, even if it meant sacrificing Das Internetz to achieve it.

Tomorrow is a holiday to commemorate ANZAC Day. (Go and have a look at the ANZAC story, it's a powerful and moving story and this blog post is way too frivolous to do it justice.) Three day weekend! Yay! Today is the 12th day straight of solid rain here in Sydney, but so far the weekend forecast has a couple of mild sunny days on the schedule. I sure hope so, drought breaking is good etc but give me the Autumn sunshine!

Tonight I'm having a quiet night in with some knitting (yes, another pair of mittens - it's an addiction, I swear) and a guy called Dexter. I've had a gift certificate burning a whole in my pocket, so when I passed a CD/DVD store on Tuesday afternoon I used it to buy the season 1 box set. I've only watched the first 3 episodes so far, but Michael C Hall you are a genius. Sexy and disturbing.

It's not even 5 o'clock in the afternoon yet and it looks like night outside already. Again the rain is thundering down. Sounds like a good night for a quiet night in with a serial killer.


Dexter

6 comments:

Andrea James said...

Dexter is the BEST & it just gets better. We watched the first few episodes on the big screen & a QA with Hall in person thru Popcorn Taxi just before it was released on cable here in AU. I can't wait until the next season comes out.

Michael said...

"Sexy and disturbing" is the perfect description of Dexter (see his smile on that gif you used). Love that show.

Long day? Too much gloom? Good thing that LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND is such a potent tonic. Have a good one!

Thombeau said...

I loved him so much in "Six Feet Under". But then, I loved everything about that show!

Have a fun weekend! Make sure to stop by Fabulon---we miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've discovered Dexter...he is the best and, as you say, so sexy and disturbing :)

The Other Andrew said...

I've watched the whole boxed set now... FAB! I even watched the two commentary episodes on the DVD set, I counldn't get enough. I definately be looking for the season 2 set when it's out.

Cozalcoatl said...

Rob and I heart Dexter. I'm usually the one who like the whole crime/murder series stuff, so was kinda surprised when Rob got into it as well. Have seen the first couple of the 2nd season. Downloading the rest.
Read the book while back in Oz, its good but I think they expanded the whole concept wonderfully in the show.