Monday, April 14, 2008

Purl, Gurl.

I had a pretty quiet weekend this past weekend, hung out at home for some of it and spent the rest of it knitting up a storm. (Actually, that's a pretty usefull metaphor because for a fair sized part of the weekend thunder crashed and lighting, well, lit I guess.)

Saturday was fairly mild and sunny, and I pottered around Newtown before heading off in the afternoon to the "Sydney Sity Klickers" knitting group at cafe Barmuda. There was quite a large bunch of us this time around, about 14 or so. James had rung me in the morning to see if I wanted to go along to the Surry Hills Festival, but I had already committed myself to going to the cafe by then. The past week has been pretty stressfull with all the medical stuff, and the consequent drain on fiscal resources, so I stayed home on Saturday night, watched the teev, knitted and tried to pretend my neighbour's weren't having a party. Le sigh. I dunno, tsk, young people.

Sunday was rainy and stormy pretty much all day, and I wasn't sure whether anyone would bother to come long to knitting at the pub in the afternoon. Outdoors at the pub that is. So I sent Bex a text message and confirmed that she was still going. Nor rain, hail or sleet apparently. Atta girl! It stopped being rainy for the couple of hours that we were there, and Cecilia and Frances showed up to join us too. We are officially hardcore knitters. I think there might even be a badge or something.

So that's my weekend. Sunday night I did the usual Sunday night chillax-for-tomorrow-is-hateful-Monday stuff. It may not sound noteworthy but it was relaxing, inexpensive, productive (on the knitting front) and full of time spent with friends. Not bad for a rainy Autumn weekend.

11 comments:

M-H said...

It was good to see you on Saturday. I hope the medical stuff settles down soon.

Michael said...

We had rain yesterday, too. And snow! April 13. Ridiculous.

Can you do other things while you knit?

mrpeenee said...

The weekend sounds delightful. It was a beautiful warm springtime here in San Francisco and I did absolutely nothing productive. I loved it.

Michael Guy said...

"Hardcore Knitters"? Wasn't that a Joey Stefano film? Just saying. I could see him headlining.

I think "michael" has an idea.

The Other Andrew said...

M-H it was good to see you too!

Michael, so long as I don't need to use my hands, yes.

Peener, you're the envy of everyone!

MG, Stefano was a crocheter I've heard. You how THOSE boys are. Michael is always full of good ideas! Thankfully.

Thombeau said...

Relaxing, inexpensive, and productive is always good! The weather here was beautiful so I spent most of the weekend doing yardwork. Now I'm sunburnt and sore, but it was worth it!

The Other Andrew said...

Yay, I bet it feels good to get some sun! (Responsibly, of course.)

Michael said...

I was only wondering if I could knit while watching tv. Sheesh.

The Other Andrew said...

I knew that. What?!

Yes, you can except you need to be able to either learn to knit without looking (hard), flick back and fro between the knitting and the teev (easier, but not effective particularly) or just listen to the teev (fine for most things except subtitles).

Thombeau said...

Gusset.

The Other Andrew said...

I could knit you one Thom. Absorbent. Cotton even.