Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

I had the most weird ass collection of vivid dreams last night. I've mentioned this a bunch of time before, but normally I wake up without ever having a sense of having dreampt during the night. Zip. Nada. So it's all the more startling to me when I wake up during a big technicolour widescreen experience of a dream. I don't know what was going on but last night I had a bunch of them. This morning I was like what the fuh was THAT all about? And it's not like I was doing mescalin right before bedtime or anything...

At risk of sounding (more) like a freak, here's just a couple of examples:

  • Cate Blanchett and her husband apparently own a whole block of property in a small town somewhere here in Oz, but what makes this collection of property special is that it's all been preserved in mint 1930s/1940s condition. Facades, interiors, the works. Somehow that segued into sitting in a (likewise vintage) hall, watching a show which was a collection of amateur skits and songs. Sort of like the 'gang shows' that the boys scouts used to do when I was a kid, crossed with the skill level of "Red Faces" (non-Australians think "The Gong Show"). Which was all well and good, and quite entertaining, until a rat bit me on the hand and I woke up with a start. (Note: I don't have a problem with rats, I used to have a pet one at school, but the biting part I did have a problem with apparently.)

And can I just say, Cate really should get that vermin issue dealt with, don't you think? I mean we're talking public health and safety here. Could I sue?

  • If you happen to find yourself on a spaceship, one which is pulling up to an alien space station, it's advisable not to try and dock right near where all their hydroponic food is grown, because feeling like their food source is under threat will really piss them off. (I know, WTF? I have no idea either.) So pissed off in fact that they will lock you all into a room which looks like suspiciously like a regular 21st century public bathroom. But it's ok because you will escape into the ceiling by lifting the ceiling tiles, and climbing into the dropped ceiling crawlspace. Where to from there is a good question, because at that point you will wake up.


Sometimes I am just plain weird.

11 comments:

bernard said...

oh. kay.

maybe it was the change in weather that did it?

Or perhaps you went sleepwalking and ended up at our place and managed to take some of the smurfs neuroactive psychotropic pills??

And yeah, sue the bitch!

mrpeenee said...

But you escaped, sweetie, that's what counts. I hate it when the aliens lock me in the toilet.

Ur-spo said...

you and everybody you know need to be in therapy as soon as you can....

jason said...

I dunno, but number 2 (ha!) there would make a genius movie script.

Michael said...

Suddenly me dreams seem so banal.



The alien craft had drop ceilings?

The Other Andrew said...

I think I was chanelling "Aliens" a bit, you know where they decide to escape into the ceiling, only to find out, oh no, the aliens are in the ceilings! Or something.

Edna Wilt said...

Did you have cheese for dinner/ before going to bed? Because apparently, eating cheese before bedtime can make you dream weird stuff. And that is certainly tru for me. Or maybe I'm just weird. But I know I'm not alone! ;-)

The Other Andrew said...

No cheese. Or crack. I think I'm just weird! Yay, let's all hang out and be weird together!

Thombeau said...

Do you know how many times I've dreamed of you, dear Andrew? Far too many...

The Other Andrew said...

Awwww, sweet! :)

Were we locked in a toilet by aliens?

The Other Andrew said...

...or Cate Blanchett?