Monday, October 15, 2007

Snippets

  • I desperately needed some new clothes for work, so I went on a brief shopping spree on Sunday. Only to find out that I have gone up a size in pants. If you had been with me in the fitting room (and why weren't you?) you would have seen what amounted to a silent Primal Scream.
  • Consequently, and maybe to take revenge on the universe for being dealt such a cruel hand (or maybe just because I can't commit to staying this size) I bought the cheapest pants I could find. Hey, your loss is Target's gain. Or my gain is Target's gain, or whatever.
  • There seems to be a particular form of shuffling/dancing The Young People do at outdoor festivals. I know this because I was watching the crowd in front of the doof-doof tent at The Surry Hills Festival. It's a curious thing, and seems very popular with bright pink English tourists in particular. Partly designed to avoid spilling the plastic cup full of beer I'm guessing.
  • FYI, redheads are hot. Just so you know.
  • I did some major pruning of the ficus trees in my back yard on the weekend. The job isn't fully done, I still have to buy/borrow a ladder to get to the very top bits. (Hobbit height has its drawbacks.) It was remarkably therapeutic. Kind of like hairdressing on a grand scale, but butcher.

7 comments:

Ur-spo said...

ohoh
time to do some sit ups and lay off the sweets i suppose.

Michael said...

Is EVERYONE up a few lbs? Max is bemoaning his gain as well. As I would be if I were so disposed as to actually tend to my blog. At least it's Autumn here, and how fortuitous that this season it's all about artful LAYERING. Still, I'll resolve to SLEEK OUT along with you. We'll swap pictures in squarecuts come Christmas!

I love that you consider pruning a ficus butch.

The Other Andrew said...

Ur-spo, sweets have never been my downfall really. I'm more about the savoury, and especially if it's fried - sadly.

Michael, yes but we are entering Summer here soon so unless I try popularise the mu-mu for men I shall be stuck being non-sleek in a season that requires at least some degree of sleek.

So I had an apple for breakfast this morning. So far so good.

Why don't you just send me a pic of YOU in squarecuts in the meantime?

Pruning = butch in my world, regardless of the bush. So to speak.

Thombeau said...

michael said:

"I love that you consider pruning a ficus butch."

At first glance I thought this read "I love that you consider pruning a ficus, bitch."!

Glad to know I'm not the only one buying pants at Target...

The Other Andrew said...

Right, but this is new Target right, not old Target. Like somewhere along the line Target has become slightly more socially acceptable. Somehow.

Anonymous said...

I heard on Radio National's Health Report this morning that you're more likely to gain wait if people in your social network gain weight and conversely to lose it if they do - I'm hoping that you're going to do some hard work at the gym and I can just watch the kilos melt away.

yani said...

First off I'm ALL about buying the pants at Target...

And secondly, I'm way ahead of you on item 4 on your list...